Friday 12 February 2010

Alex Taylor Workshop











Yesterday I was lucky enough to be part of a very interesting workshop at Thomas Parker House with our guest lecturer Alex Taylor. I seriously don't know where Mike and Gyles are getting these people, it's a great opportunity. I mean this week we've had Rory Sutherland AND Alex Taylor! What ever you're doing lads keep 'em coming.

Alex Taylor has achieved so much in her career and it was a great chance to have an insight to what it takes to be the best. She showed us interviews from all the top dogs in the industry and they expressed what it takes to be a great art director. If I had to sum up what they had to say, it would be to work damn hard, learn all there is to know, and then learn some more. It's not going to be easy, and she expressed this explicitly. But you could just see it in her eyes how good her job really is. It has been something I have been searching for in my life, a job that will make me want to get up in the morning. A job that will bring me satisfaction and what's more satisfying than a mate talking about your ad in a pub and turning round to say, "I did that". Alex explained that that was one of the best feelings you got from advertising, and I'm determined to be able to say those three words one day with pride. Ooooo, I want it now!!

I learnt an awful lot yesterday and hopefully will keep it with me for my whole career. After all, I have her 8 secret rules to become the best art director, but I'm afraid I'm not allowed to share it with you guys.

Sorry.

Ollie.


No comments:

Post a Comment